VINTAGE - NON VINTAGE.
APPELLATION - CARNEROS, SONOMA COUNTY, NORTH COAST, CALIFORNIA.
• Grapes are whole cluster pressed to avoid bitter compounds.
• Juice is naturally settled overnight (débourbage) to encourage a clean fermentation.
• Proprietary yeast used for the secondary bottle fermentation provides a delicate house signature from year to year.
• The cuvée is a blend of 18 different base wines fermented in stainless steel tanks at a temperature of 55 to 60 degrees Fahrenheit.
• Five to seven percent cold-soaked Pinot Noir juice (Vin Gris) is blended into the base wine for color and to establish the creamy notes in the finish.
• The wine spent a year and a half en tirage (on the yeast).
• Small and numerous bubbles are encouraged by autolysis, the process by which yeast imparts complexity and a yeasty character to the wine. The autolysis particles provide sites for the formation of the mousse.
This wine has bright strawberry and black cherry aromas with subtle vanilla highlights. Creamy cherry, lemon and cola flavors combine with a lush palate, small, lively bubbles and a persistent finish.
Our Blanc de Noirs is predominantly made from hand-harvested Pinot Noir grapes, the hallmarks
of which are a vibrant red fruit character. The creamy palate and rosy hue are a result of a small addition
of Vin Gris, which was blended into the base cuvée. Over forty different clones and selections
of Pinot Noir and Chardonnay are planted on our 340-acre estate in the Sonoma Carneros district.
This allows us to consistently produce cuvées with complexity and clear fruit expression.
90% Pinot Noir
Total acidity 0.75 grams/100 ml
Dosage 13 grams/Liter
En tirage 18 months