VINTAGE - 2010
APPELLATION - CARNEROS, SONOMA COUNTY, NORTH COAST, CALIFORNIA.
Gloria Ferrer’s Carneros Pinot Noir is produced from estate-grown Carneros vineyards in the Sonoma Valley wine region of California. Founded in 1984, Gloria Ferrer Winery is the premier destination in the Sonoma Valley, offering wine tastings and tours.
Raspberry and cherry aromas with hints of cedar oak announce the character of this distinctive and earthy Carneros Pinot Noir. On the palate, you will find concentrated fruit of black cherry and ripe plum complimented by well integrated oak spices. This wine's medium acidity leads to a perfectly balanced dry and fragrant finish.
The 2010 growing season will be remembered for its rainfall during the bloom period, the coolest summer on record, heat spikes, low yields, and periodic rains throughout harvest. But alas, the resultant smaller berries, with increased ratio of skins to juice, contributed to greater extraction and concentration of flavors in the finished wine.
- UCD32, Wadenswil 2A, Dijon 115, Martini 13 and Pommard were the primary clones used for this blend
- Individual vineyard lots were destemmed, partially crushed and cold-soaked for three days to extract color and aromas
- Thrice daily punchdown and pumpover regimes were tailored to each lot to extract fruit character and minimize bitterness
- Made exclusively from free run juice
- Barrel aged for nine months in medium-plus toast 100% French oak barrels (33% new) coopered by Damy, Billon, Francois Frères and Cadus
- Bottled unfined
BLEND COMPOSITION - 100% Carneros Estate Grown Pinot Noir
Total acidity 0.61 grams/100 ml